Skin care is an important part of life. Proper hygiene and skin care techniques would help to have a clean, healthy skin desired by all. The cosmetic market is flooded with beauty and skin care products promising to make you fair, beautiful and younger. Many of these products give long term side effects resulting in wrinkles and fine lines. This is why we highly recommend homemade beauty recipes and herbal cosmetics that improve your skin complexion naturally without causing any harmful side effects.
Homemade Beauty Recipes and Herbal Cosmetics
Below are some simple and effective homemade beauty recipes and herbal cosmetics that will help you look younger and beautiful.
1. Applying a paste of grounded almond, honey and warm milk on skin improves complexion and dryness and makes it glow.
2. A mixture of fermented flour and milk makes a good mask for oily skin.
3. Application of a paste made out of gram flour, lime juice, turmeric and milk would make skin radiant and fair.
4. Massaging skin with unboiled milk also makes it radiant. It is one of the traditional and very effective homemade beauty recipes.
5. Massaging skin with mustard powder in milk helps to get rid of blemishes. Rubbing skin with aloe Vera juice heals sun burnt skin.
6. Apple cider vinegar serves as an effective natural cosmetic for sunburns.
7. Application of a mixture of two teaspoon buttermilk and tomato juice on skin gives relief from sunburns.
8. Massaging skin with coconut oil makes it wrinkle free.
9. Rubbing the core of pineapple on skin and leaving for about 15 minutes also gives one a wrinkle free skin.
10. Spreading mashed banana all over skin, keeping for 15-20 minutes and then rinsing off with warm water is also an effective anti-wrinkle treatment.
11. One may soak cotton balls in ice-cold water mixed with 4 teaspoon lime juice and place it on eyes to remove tiredness of eyes.
12. Refrigerated herbal tea bag can do away with eye puffiness.
13. Dark circles under eyes would disappear if one places freshly cut fig over eyes and leaves it for half an hour.
14. Slices of cucumber placed on each eye can soothe tiredness of eyes.
15. Massaging hands and legs with a mixture of tomato juice, lime juice and glycerin helps to do away with skin roughness.
16. Application of a mixture of an ounce of honey, little egg white, glycerin, and barley powder makes the skin on hands and legs soft and supple.
Copyright © Dr Andrew Napier, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Read more useful Home Remedies for Dry Skin. Also know effective Home Remedies for Stretch Marks. Read the benefits of Shilajit for enhancing libido.